Thursday, November 01, 2018

Looking forward!!

My profile is so diversified, that I don't know where will I fit anymore. I have done protocol testing in past, setting up test beds, using the AX4000 to configure bits/bytes of packets/frames, being able to automate that, remembered each and every RFCs I worked on and what not. Later I moved away from protocol testing and went to do some hands-on work for the Hardware/firmware testing. Testing out the LEDs/SFPs/PowerSupply etc was a new learning and experience for me. Knowing what cards went in the hardware was interesting, Mezanine cards/SSL cards/FIPs etc. Working through the Platform install & validations, FAVs, Out-of-box testing and RMA troubleshooting - I did that testing for 7long years. But I don't remember the network basics anymore. :(
Now for my next job hunt, I don't know where I fit anymore. Its hard to find a network tester job, and I don't see many Platform test requirements. I want to go to SDET role, but lack the framework development experience!!!
Tough time again! Back to books, back to learning the basics and looking forward to yet another new domain to explore.

So what am I doing currently :
1. solving hackerrank problems
2. doing the Algorithm Analysis on Coursera from Stanford.

Will that help me ????